For a participation and activity list, click here!
Join us for a celebration of our Camas history and Spring! We will make our history come alive! First Friday, April 7th, 5-8pm.
The fun includes:
- Play the “Guess About Camas” history game around town, learn about why Camas is so great, and be entered to win prizes!
- Two Rivers Heritage Museum will be on hand to share historic artifacts and photos of Camas & Washougal and have items to sell, too, including handmade rugs made out of Pendleton Wool selvages woven on their 1890’s traveling loom. Interesting to see how people used to live in our area including the Native Americans before our towns were founded.
- Mill historians will show us why our mill is cool–make paper with them at the Mill Interpretive Center!
- Make s’mores with iQ Credit Union! (We’re going to have to postpone this until May due to weather!)
- Book signing for “Lillie’s Jasper”. Meet the author Diane Green-Hartley and hear a little known WWI story, the Gold Star Mother Pilgrimage
- Art show & silent auction hosted by Friends of Camas Arts in support of the CHS Arts & Academics Program. Hosted in Journey Church. Come support this senior project!
- Art Shows and receptions at all our art galleries: Attic Gallery featuring paintings of Carol Grigg, 421 NE Cedar; Camas Gallery featuring paintings of Mike Smith, 408 NE 4th, and Second Story Gallery (Camas library) with the show “Our Point of View” by Camas High School’s Advanced Photography Class.
- Ribbon Cutting at 5pm and Opening Celebration for Rushing Waters Professional Properties, 417 NE 2nd, from 5-6:30pm. Come meet all the new businesses in this renovated historic building!
- Natalia’s Cafe, 437 NE 4th, will be Going Back to the ’50s! Open until 8pm with Hamburger, fries and a soda $4.99; Hot dog, fries and a soda $3.99; Milkshakes $2.50; Malts $2.99
- GP toilet paper toss to win!
- Taste a candy that was originally invented in 1883–the same year our town was founded
- Donate toward the Hidden Bronze Bird Project and see if you’re lucky enough to win the “Bronze Egg”! Any donation gets a ticket to win prizes; donate at least $5 and pick an egg from the basket–one of the eggs will be the big winner of a dinner, movie, and cupcakes package in Downtown Camas!
- The Liberty Theatre will be showing BILL AND TED’S EXCELLENT ADVENTURE a cult-classic from 1989 at 8 PM.
- Guess the “Spring Eggs” jar to win
- Little Bavaria next to the Liberty Theatre will be open from 5-8:30pm for quick dinner options and ice cream!
- Kids’ spring craft–a tribute to our Camas lily and a Spring butterfly!
- Ron Hawkins, Camas community resident and GP Mill employee of 41 years, will be on hand with mill and Camas history items!
- Plus all the great shopping and dining in Downtown Camas!
Pick up your participation and activity list at Journey, 304 NE 4th. Come find out all about the town we love!
For a printable flyer, click here.