Interested in doing business in Downtown Camas? Click here for information on the Downtown Camas Association, why Downtown Camas is a great place to do business, and ways we partner with local businesses to advance downtown efforts. Please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have.
Successful businesses make a successful downtown! Here are resources to help.
Starting and Running a Business:
It is very important to have a clear plan and resources when starting a business. Below are useful links when thinking about starting a business, creating a business plan, having the resources and information you need, and managing and growing your business. Your success is important to us!
- Doing Business in Washington State, Access Washington, including information on licenses, permits, taxes, employees, etc.
- SBA (Small Business Administration) on Starting and Managing a Business (including business plan guidance, market research, legal and financial resources)
- Plan Your Business, State of Washington
- The Do’s and Dont’s of Creating a Business Plan
- New Small Business Guidance & Resources, State of Washington
- Washington State Business Resource Guide (pdf)
- Small Business Development Center (SBDC)—FREE business assistance and resources, (360) 260-6372, www.wsbdc.org
- SCORE–FREE local business mentoring, (503) 897-0275, www.scorevancouver.org
Camas, population 21,000, is situated in eastern Clark County, 15 minutes from Portland International Airport. Camas is historically a paper mill town—Georgia Pacific still operates here– and is also home to several large, hi-tech manufacturing industries. Known for its outstanding school system, its charming historic downtown, outdoor recreation, and quality of life, Camas is an ideal place to call home and to do business.
Videos about Camas:
We are so very pleased to share our new Downtown Camas videos with you! These show the feel, businesses, art and amenities of downtown and we hope you enjoy them and share them. Thank you!
This is a 2 minute video about Camas overall and why you want to live and work here! Thank you to the Camas Washougal Economic Development Association for capturing the feel and heart of our great town.
Here is another 2 minute video that shows very clearly why we love Camas and why it is successful and will continue to grow! Thank you to the City of Camas, the Camas School District, and the Port of Camas Washougal for creating this meaningful piece.
The Camas School District created this video that explains how our history has created the outstanding educational system that we have in Camas. It’s no accident!
Each year the DCA conducts a community survey. In 2015, our survey focused on what would bring people downtown more often. This year’s top responses: More special events, more restaurants (including sushi, pizza, and a deli), and a wine tasting/wine shop.
Important Camas Contacts:
- Mayor’s Office, (360) 834-6864, www.cityofcamas.us
- Community Development Department (Building and Land Development Permits), (360) 817-1562
- Fire Marshal’s Office, (360) 834-6191
- Clark County Health Department, (360) 397-8000
- Camas Washougal Economic Development Association (CWEDA), (360) 607-9816, www.cweda.org
- Camas Washougal Chamber of Commerce, (360) 834-2472, www.cwchamber.com
- Us! Downtown Camas Association, (360) 216-7378, www.downtowncamas.com
Other Business Tools and Education:
- Downtown Design Manual, pdf (24 MB)
- Small Business Entrepreneur Tips—Before you Start, pdf
- Main Street B&O Tax Incentive Program
- The 2008 Downtown Camas Vision and Plan (Please note: this plan provided preliminary concepts for potential areas of development in Downtown Camas. Did not include actual building styles that would be used and not all concepts would be suitable for downtown—these were simply ideas to start to visualize development feasibility in downtown.)
Local networking opportunities:
- C-W Chamber of Commerce hosts networking luncheons and business after hours events each month. Click here for current events.
- C-W Local Connections is a dedicated morning networking group, open to all Camas and Washougal businesses, that meets the 4th Tuesday of each month in various Camas and Washougal locations. Click here for more info!
- For other local networking events, go to www.vancouvernetworkingevents.com.