- This event has passed.
October First Friday “Pumpkin Pageant & Harry Potter Costume Contest”! 2017
October 6 @ 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Join us October 6th, 5-8pm, for the 12th Annual “Pumpkin Pageant”, Harry Potter Costume Contest, and all sorts of fall fun! Thank you iQ Credit Union for sponsoring this First Friday!
- Pumpkin Pageant: Participating downtown businesses each have a carved pumpkin and you get to vote for your favorite! Voting enters you to win a fall-themed basket from iQ Credit Union and the downtown merchants.
- Harry Potter Costume Contest:
- 7pm at Journey at 4th and Birch
- Prizes for both winner and runner up for Best Harry Potter Costume for both Adults and Kids
- Art Shows at Camas Gallery featuring award-winning photographer Lois Settlemeyer; Attic Gallery featuring painter Earl Hamilton who will also do a painting demo that evening; and Second Story Gallery featuring the show “Art for the Life of Elephants” by artists Gary Watson and Katey Sandy. Live music and refreshments at all art galleries, 5-8pm.
- Fairy Doors will be hidden throughout town–find them and be entered to win! Fairy doors created and donated by Vancouver WA Fairy Doors
- Harry Potter inspired Kids’ crafts and activities with the DCA in Journey, 304 NE 4th
- Ribbon Cutting Celebration at 5pm for True Insurance, 510 NE 4th. Come enjoy refreshments, giveaways and tour their new location!
- Oktoberfest Celebration at Caps N’ Taps starting at 6pm
- Live music in various locations throughout town
- Enjoy festive shopping and dining all though town!
- Start your night at Journey to pick up the participation and activity list and Fairy Door Map at the DCA tables, 304 NE 4th Ave. See you then!
Thank you to iQ Credit Union!