First Friday – March 3rd, 2017, come downtown! 5-8pm. Pick up a “green” passport and activity list in Journey, 304 NE 4th!
Come celebrate Being Green!
“Go Green!” is the theme for the March 3rd First Friday in Downtown Camas. Lucky leprechauns, Eartha the Clown, a “Green Zone” featuring local green schools, green businesses and non-profits that care for the environment, and the wearing of the green will all be a part of this fun event. The event runs from 5-8pm. So many fun activities!
Here’s what’s going on downtown for First Friday:
- Eartha the Clown and her cockatoo “Major” will be here to meet families, take pictures, and do education about the environment. 530-730pm, walking around town if the weather is nice or near the DCA table at Journey Church, 304 NE 4th.
- “Find the Lucky Leprechaun”: Each participating merchant will have a “lucky leprechaun” in their business, and for every leprechaun you find, you receive a prize ticket to be entered to win “green” prizes and more from the merchants. Lucky leprechaun “passports” can be found in participating stores and at the DCA table in Journey.
- Wander into the “Green Zone” at Journey church and learn how easy it is to make this world a greener place with fun educational kid-friendly activities and giveaways provided by local nonprofits. The nonprofits include Master Gardeners, Master Composters/Recyclers, Waste Connections, Camas Farmer’s Market, World Vision, EOCF (Educational Opportunities for Children & Families), Camas United Methodist Church, Columbia Springs and Clark County Public Health. Camas Certified Green Schools represented will be Grass Valley Elementary, Camas High School and others.
- Two Ribbon Cuttings! Come help us celebrate these new downtown businesses!
- Featured art shows and receptions:
- Merchants will have “green lists” in their windows showing all the ways our downtown businesses care for the environment.
- “Green” Kids’ crafts at the DCA tables!
- Customers wearing green get an extra prize ticket—if they wear a green hat, they get three!
- For every $10 spent in downtown you get a ticket to enter to win.
- Check out our First Friday Facebook page for more details!