Come enjoy artists in Downtown Camas painting our town! During the day on September 1st from 9am-4:00pm, local artists will be doing Plein Air (Open Air) painting around town. So fun to watch! Then vote for your favorite during the First Friday event from 5-8pm.
The finished plein air art pieces will be on display at the Camas Gallery, 408 NE 4th, from 5-8 pm that evening. The community will vote for its favorites and “People Choice Awards” will be given. These works of art will then be auctioned off at the Dinner in White on the Columbia, a benefit for the Washougal Library Building Fund, on Saturday, September 9th at Marina Park at the Port of Camas Washougal. For artists who would like to participate, visit here for all the info: http://www.camasgallery.com/plein-air.html
Other art features, music, and activities that night are:
- Elida Field’s “Art, Women & Wine” artists will be showcased in participating merchant locations; Meet the artists, enjoy the art, and be entered to win prizes from the merchants. Participation lists can be found at the DCA table in Journey, 304 NE 4th.
- Hidden Bronze Bird Tour Dedication! 5pm at 4th and Cedar. The artist Georgia Gerber and her family will be joining us for the celebration. Come find the thirteen bronze birds throughout downtown!
- Friends of Camas Arts Art Show in Journey
- Live outdoor music (weather permitting! :)) hosted by Mesa from 6-9pm
- Art shows at all of our downtown galleries
- Kids’ art crafts, including The Paint Roller Mobile Paint Party where children can do rock painting; chalk art; and the fourth annual DCA First Friday Coloring Contest with prizes (at the DCA tables in Journey)
- The artful film The Trip to Spain at the Liberty Theatre
- Shop, dine, & have artful fun in Downtown Camas!
If you are an artist interested in participating in the Plein Air event sponsored by Camas Gallery, visit here for info on eligibility, rules, and registration.