Find the inspiring stories (well the first part!) written by local authors here and the “rest of the stories” are in downtown windows waiting for you to finish the charming tales. The story endings will be in downtown windows through December.
Calling all local short story authors! Every day starting December 1st we will post the first half of a locally written winter or holiday-inspired short story (12 total) on the Downtown Camas Association Facebook page and website.
Stories that will warm your heart. A downtown merchant will have the rest of the story posted in their window for you to enjoy (the online post will tell you which merchant window to go to to read the rest). This is to create and share more positive stories in our beloved community!
We would love your participation. We are asking the community to get creative and submit stories! Create a hook in the first half of your story so it will definitely bring people to our lovely downtown to read the rest of it!
Guidelines for story submissions:
- Stories need to be submitted by November 27th
- Up to 1000 words
- Stories will be juried and 12 will be chosen
- Can be fiction or non-fiction
- Must be family-friendly
- Must be joyful, uplifting, positive winter-time or holiday stories
- First half of the story creates interest to go to read the second half! :)
- Author’s names will be included on the online and window posts